Author's Signature

    Яαgιи Яαvєи
    Cairo, Egypt
    Wanting people to listen, you can't just tap them on the shoulder anymore. You have to hit them with a sledgehammer, and then you'll notice you've got their strict attention.
View Profile

free web hit counter

Visitors

Enter your Email



Archives


Tapping at my chamber door



« Home | The blue state; and the countdown begins » | Ladies and gentlemen, I give you George Galloway » | A desert road from Vegas to nowhere » | My stained, chalk-outlined home » | Worthless to remember » | اعتراض من الجانب الآخر » | I pray for '67 » | الذل » | Emile, a newly found definition » | Refrain from comment - قانا »

Why Erhaby?


The Bank of England has frozen the assets of 19 people and named them as people arrested in connection with an alleged plot to bomb British passenger jets.

A Treasury statement read: "On the advice of the police and security services, the Treasury has instructed the Bank of England to issue notices to effect a freeze of the assets of a number of individuals arrested in yesterday's operations.

Twenty-four people were arrested on Thursday in police raids in London, the south of England and Birmingham after a police investigation into a plot to blow up several trans-Atlantic airliners.

The bank released the following names and posted them on its website: Abdula Ahmed Ali, Cossor Ali, Shazad Khuram Ali, Nabeel Hussain, Tanvir Hussain, Umair Hussain, Umar Islam, Waseem Kayani, Assan Abdullah Khan, Waheed Arafat Khan, Osman Adam Khatib, Abdul Muneem Patel, Tayib Rauf, Muhammed Usman Saddique, Assad Sarwar, Ibrahim Savant, Amin Asmin Tariq, Shamin Mohammed Uddin and Waheed Zaman.

The oldest person on the list, Shamin Mohammed Uddin, is 35. The youngest, Abdul Muneem Patel, is 17. Most of those named in the list were London residents.

If a flight is scheduled for takeoff, in order for the country's security and stability to remain cool, the government always tries to put a face for the public to see, so the people would know that the big bad wolf will be a threat no more. We've experienced that in 9/11, Iraq, Afghanistan, the British railway bombing and now with this.

Should I cancel my Euro-trip? I fear that if they find a bomb on a Euro rail train that they might arrest me in charge of terrorist acts and have my name announced to the world as the head of a terrorist organization, freeze my bank account, and harass my family for details about my childhood that may have led me into becoming a terrorizing maniac. I fear that I can't grow my beard, my biological human right. I fear that a day would come when I'd have to change my name or at least remove the name Mohamed from my full name and pretend to be something that I'm not. I fear that my 10 year old son will be beaten up at school... Should I just have him named George? Would I lie and hide to make my life easier, to survive? Marie Curie said that nothing in life is to be feared; it is only to be understood.

Well, I don't understand.

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Six of 11 Egyptian students who failed to show up for classes after entering the United States are in federal custody, the FBI said Thursday.

Two were arrested Thursday in Maryland, and another one in Chicago, Illinois, the FBI said.

Their discovery came a day after three others were found and taken into custody.

The bureau has a nationwide alert out for the remaining students with their names, ages, passport numbers and photos.

A preliminary investigation "has not identified any credible or imminent threat posed by any of the eleven Egyptian students," the FBI said. The FBI also stressed that there are no ties between the Egyptians and the alleged terror plot broken up by British authorities, The Associated Press reported.

The pair arrested in Maryland have been identified as El Sayed Ahmed Elsayed Ibrahim and Alaa Abd El Fattah Ali El Bahnasawi, both 20.

Why federal custody? Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't all law enforcement books worldwide allow the custody of suspects only for 24 hours if no evidence, eye witnesses, or confessions have been declared? Why are thousands of people being held at Guantanamo bay, of which only 10 were being officially convicted, and why are they all Muslims? Why are those Egyptian boys being held there if they haven't been linked to the bomb plot on Trans-Atlantic or any threat whatsoever? Why are most of the possible suspects Arabs or Muslims? Why bring up the non-possibility of the Egyptian kids being linked to the bomb plot on the airplans if they're not? Why the fuck bring it up? Ruling it out would still bring up that possibility in the minds of people and you fucking know that. Why spread out fear of Muslims and Arabs in the hearts of the world if you have nothing to prove it?

Why do I feel so small? Should I pack my bags and go to Canada or Australia in seek of another PASSport, without which I would remain locked in by the UN and its mighty star spangled Security Council? Should I cancel my Euro trip? Should I stay home and hide? Should I claim the name George or should I go with my instincts and choose Osama Ben Ladin?

Right now... should I be needing an aspirin or a loaded gun?










Toilet Paper


The Mood

Recently Judged


Lenore & more