Author's Signature

    Яαgιи Яαvєи
    Cairo, Egypt
    Wanting people to listen, you can't just tap them on the shoulder anymore. You have to hit them with a sledgehammer, and then you'll notice you've got their strict attention.
View Profile

free web hit counter

Visitors

Enter your Email



Archives


Tapping at my chamber door



« Home | Silently, I blogged... » | The other side of My Majesty » | Burn baby, burn... 'tis all good!! » | Where is the rope? » | Let this war get more exciting... » | المفكرين من المجتمع » | Dear Alice, » | Off-key swinging shoulders » | Grrr.... » | Are you God? »

The world went spinning, the sun stood still...


Pinky had a point there... A lot of people look forward to peace whatever the price is, even if the price is turning the other cheek. I must apologize however, if I seemed harsh or rude at some point on my commenting back to her, but I definitely don't regret it. I guess someone else must have told her, and a lot of people for that matter, that info years ago.

Again, that's not the time nor the place to comment on many blogs out there... but I sure will satisfy my free time in replying to my friend Mech here and his 'Like Spinning Plates'.

Mech: By 'extremes' I mean take an action that is greater than what most countries would take. Remember I said that, to me, going to war to rescue the soldiers is not justified. It is justified, however, if it going to spare the innocent lives that Hezbollah is going to kill.

'justified, however, if it going to spare the innocent lives that Hezbollah is going to kill'??! You can't be serious, can you? I mean sure when a murderer is out on the run you'd definitely send out a search party to arrest him and all, but if you see Hezbollah as murderers, then I very much believe that one can only call Israel as a whole nation likewise. Did you lately read the news about what's happening in Gaza? You do know that Israel started bombing Lebanon and killing people way before Hezbollah started firing back right? Hmm... I find it pointless and a total waste of time to bring back historical incidents. I know that nobody's perfect man, but Hezbollah's got a cause. Israel just wanted surrounding countries to know who's got the power to do whatever he pleases. I think the statements were loud, clear, and pretty much well-stated. Nobody gave a shit. They all sat down like hush puppies waiting for the good ol' pat on the back and peed in their pants.

Then you commented on not knowing for sure what their just cause was in their invasion of Lebanon by saying: That's right Raven, I don't know for sure. They're all theories. Does anyone claim to know for certain?

Again, I'll re-state my clear opinion by saying that starting to bomb a country, kill people, ignore warnings, just for a couple soldiers doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Removing the Hezbollah military regime won't fix anything... cos tomorrow there will be more Nasrallahs. And the answer to the question of who's boss? It's pretty clear that Israel and the USA are the 21st century bosses. I'm just wondering whether us discussing this whole issue has any point at all.

Mech: The terrorists in Egypt are trying to prove a point as well, but I am sure you can do that without bombing hotels with tourists and locals.

Honestly, I have no idea who bombed those hotels and what point they had. I don't think there were any theories... hmmm... maybe a couple bullshit theories. Weren't those hotels bombed on like October 6th and July 23rd? i.e. national holidays? So when should the next one be? Eid el Fitr? Halloween? Christmas? No no, around Labor day probably... an enraged employee carrying my name perhaps?

I can only say that it's very tragic what happened to everyone who died at those hotels. Getting your hands on weapons and explosive material seem way too easy these days huh?

Mech: I said it before and I will say it again. If a serial killer comes and saves your life, it does not make him/her innocent all of a sudden. Hezbollah have killed and will kill again.

If Hezbollah was officially instated as the Lebanese army party, would the world have accepted their actions? I can only say that Israel have killed and will kill again... dunno why, however, does Israel always managed to find where the women and children are hiding and bomb them up... I guess it's because they know that once you see someone else's family all murdered, cold, dead-still, that's when you really start considering your every action.

I find it hard to comment on that 'Lebanese love Hezbollah' part because I dunno why I am having such a hard time proving it. But then again, I think in order to proceed with this discussion (that I no not where it's heading to) we must skip this part since over here I could get you a couple of my friends and ask them to pretend they're Lebanese, which is plain sick so I won't be doing that. I don't have enough breath in me to go search for a discussion forum that stands with Hezbollah. I'm sure that most of those who do pretty much have more things to worry about, like staying alive... but then again those who don't are out there too... but I still find myself amazed that Hezbollah have been there that long when they could have been removed by the Lebanese gov't ages ago... we'll get to that in a minute I guess.

Mech: So the US killed Harriri????? I highly doubt it, but who knows. The US was busy with Iraq and Afghanistan so I don't think they wanted to get into other fronts in any shape or form. Any Lebanese-Syrian politics experts out there?

This was one of the theories that I find most convincingly appealing to me. Like I said, like is obvious, Syria didn't benefit and never would have benefited from Harriri's termination. Besides, think about it, if it were the US, how would we ever know? Hence, the theory reigns over that they found the timing perfect for it to occur. No one would be looking... no one would be expecting it. The element of surprise has always been my favorite move. Political experts out there... go boil an egg or read an erotic comic strip... we have enough theories over here to analyze wars and political assassinations on other planets.

Mech: Cause Hezbollah is backed by Iran and because it is part of the Lebanese political system. Did you know that in 1982 Iran gave Hezbollah 1,500 Iranian Revolutionary Guards? They now have 14 seats in the Parliment out of 128. It becomes very sensitive then to get rid of Hezbollah's military side. However, I think the Lebanese could have done more without jeopardizing their system... my personal opinion only.

Sensitive, but still possible. But 'sensitive' can't possibly be your best guess here, can it? I mean, let's visualize it for a second here. Assuming you lived in a country... assuming a piece of your country was colonized by some organization or another country or whatever, then some "serial killer" or whatever got there with his bandits and helped you out and set you free... and you know that he's just that good. Wouldn’t you want him to stay? I mean you wouldn't arrest him would you? I'm using this serial killer theory to visualize the concept that Lebanese should be wanting Hezbollah to stay, proved by their never instating a "real" army, a concept that's been argued over and over again by Lebanese whom I find hard to believe they actually lived all the wars that Lebanon's been through. Those who think Hezbollah should be removed are probably 15 years old and watch too much MTV.

Mech: Look, nobody is saying that Lebanese civilians deserve to die. Terrorists that kill, deserve to die. People who support terrorists deserve punishments of varying degrees, depending on the level of support they provided. Trust me, I feel very much for every civilian life lost.

I know you do feel for the civilians, it just pisses me off to see you arguing for the people who don’t, for the people who are trying to play with words and with people's minds to make them think too much before they shed a tear for the civilians in Lebanon, Iraq, potentially Syria and Iran... and eventually Egypt. When I see a kid or a man die on TV why do I have to think before I feel sorry for them? If they're unarmed, why should they die? Why is the US trying so hard to make people ignore or plainly switch the channel, turn over the page, and just forget. I remember when Afghanistan was hit, everyone watched Al Jazeera and CNN carefully for hours everyday and read every single newspaper that covered the news... then Iraq got hit and we used to watch it carefully too, but then we also started making fun of Al Sa77af and following the search for Saddam as if it's film Al ba7th 3an Sayyed Marzouk. It changed from the Tragic Afghanistan to the Interesting Iraq... and now with Lebanon, people hardly even read about it or what any related news on TV. Every single piece of information that I tell to people about it seems like NEWS to them. I wouldn't even be surprised if someone asked me 'There's a war in Lebanon? Shit, I was planning on spending the summer there'. Nobody gives a fuck anymore. We've become gladiators thrown in Coliseums for the lions to feed and the crowds to roar in excitement. Actually there's an errr... trivia piece or whatever it is you wanna call it that says something like:

1 death = sad accident

10 deaths = tragic

100 deaths = statistics

So, has it come down to this? Are those people dying out there as we endlessly and pointlessly blog just numbers and statistical figures? Yesterday's news is Today's trash, so they say. It just saddens me.

Mech: Mine, however, may not be such a tragedy. I've done enough bad things :).

We've all had our share of those. I count mine right before I fall asleep.

Mech: I strongly disagree. I, for example, as a being on earth, am at times unsure about what is right and what is wrong.

I strongly disagree too. Right and wrong are still black and white. We just prefer staying in the thin grey line in the middle cos grey is way cooler. It gives us a chance to do whatever we want and pretend that we didn’t know and that right and wrong are relative matters.

And btw X is a widely known abbreviation for Ecstasy. I'm glad you didn't go down that road. I just read about it in some bad Gypo Brit-teen-wannabe magazine. One of those مجلات الشباب الرقيع kind of magazines you know.

Mech: The Egyptian army is not so bad is it? We can hold our grounds. But isn't peace just a better option?

Hmm... Ever been enlisted for military service? You would know what I'm talking about. But lets not go through that online. Maybe someday we'll "talk" and I'll let you on to this info. And yes, peace is always the best option. It's just too hard to get to... I hate war. I hate violence. I wish I could die on my bed when I'm really old, not so old that I can't pee by myself... but old enough you know, but with the way things are going and the rate with which all arab countries are being destroyed and plainly invaded, I don't see how that can be possible.

Mech: I am not going to take the Palestinians' side just because we might have the same hair, eye, and skin color or because we speak the same language! I am not going to take the Israeli side either. I disagree with some actions that both sides have taken. I can't say, ok I will be on the Palestinian side and will support whatever they do from now on. The same goes for the Israeli side. You can say I am for Peace and for fairness.

Suicide bombers that kill innocent civilians; care to comment on that? I'm pretty sure you'd say that it's wrong. Well, in the perfect world we're living in I'd have to agree with you. How about when the Israeli army knocks down Palestinian villages and kills everybody that is EVERYBODY there? How about what's happening right now in Gaza? The whole thing is fucked up and.... hmm... I think I'll continue this argument with commenting on your reply to the Godfather regarding that same issue. But before I go, why do I always get the feel that you take the side of official army murders just because they've been officially instated by an official government?

Mech: The thing is you can't prove it's a Palestinian land and you can't prove it's Israeli.

So basically, you're saying that the Israelis weren't promised the land by some British dude? That they didn't escape Europe and search for their "promised land"?

You know what... don't answer that.

In regards to Ghandi... he also said:

'I cannot teach you violence, as I do not myself believe in it. I can only teach you not to bow your heads before any one even at the cost of your life.'

Which reminds me that I was interested in your theory regarding this incident:

NOBEL peace laureate Betty Williams displayed a flash of her feisty Irish spirit yesterday, lashing out at US President George W.Bush during a speech to hundreds of schoolchildren.

Campaigning on the rights of young people at the Earth Dialogues forum, being held in Brisbane, Ms Williams spoke passionately about the deaths of innocent children during wartime, particularly in the Middle East, and lambasted Mr Bush.

"I have a very hard time with this word 'non-violence', because I don't believe that I am non-violent," said Ms Williams, 64.

"Right now, I would love to kill George Bush." Her young audience at the Brisbane City Hall clapped and cheered.

"I don't know how I ever got a Nobel Peace Prize, because when I see children die the anger in me is just beyond belief. It's our duty as human beings, whatever age we are, to become the protectors of human life."

Ms Williams was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize 30 years ago, when she circulated a petition to end violence in Northern Ireland after witnessing British soldiers shoot dead an IRA member who was driving a car. He veered on to the footpath, killing two children from one family instantly and fatally injuring a third.

Ms Williams's petition had tens of thousands of Protestant and Catholic women walking the streets together in protest. Now the former office receptionist heads the World Centres of Compassion for Children International, a non-profit group working to create a political voice for children.

"My job is to tell you their stories," Ms Williams said of a recent trip to Iraq.

"We went to a hospital where there were 200 children; they were beautiful, all of them, but they had cancers that the doctors couldn't even recognise. From the first Gulf War, the mothers' wombs were infected.

"As I was leaving the hospital, I said to the doctor, 'How many of these babies do you think are going to live?'

"He looked me straight in the eye and said, 'None, not one'. They needed five different kinds of medication to treat the cancers that the children had, and the embargoes laid on by the United States and the United Nations only allowed them three."

Wrapping up the three-day forum yesterday, delegates agreed to a 26-point action plan.

"There can be no sustainable peace while the majority of the world's population lives in poverty," they said.

"There can be no sustainable peace if we fail to rise to the global challenge presented by climate change.

"There can be no sustainable peace while military spending takes precedence over human development."

Sadly, I ran into those comments. So what do you think?


Again I finish up by quoting Ghandi when he said:

'Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that you do it.'

I just hope that what I'm doing online and offline, insignificant as it is, would go unregreted on my dying bed.











Toilet Paper


The Mood

Recently Judged


Lenore & more