Author's Signature

    Яαgιи Яαvєи
    Cairo, Egypt
    Wanting people to listen, you can't just tap them on the shoulder anymore. You have to hit them with a sledgehammer, and then you'll notice you've got their strict attention.
View Profile

free web hit counter

Visitors

Enter your Email



Archives


Tapping at my chamber door



« Home | The sickness that haunts me » | طريقة تحضير علم الجمهورية » | Joffrey's with a capital G » | A generation's hero » | Links, links, and links » | Insignificant ass kisser » | Stay tuned. We'll be back after the commercial break » | Egyptian habits do grow on people » | Ain't mime » | Incognito »

If only

Today I came across a quote that I've always fancied.

"If only. Those must be the two saddest words in the world". I couldn't agree more.

I've forced myself into leading a life with no regrets, but then again Oscar Wilde once said that 'one's real life is often the life that one does not lead'. Eventually I find myself wondering… what have I missed on?

I look back at the choices I've made, at the chances I've ignored, but I look back long enough only to find myself missing on new chances, tripping over more and more things to regret not following, not falling for, not believing in. There is still hope, I tell myself. Life will still make it up to me.

I still do find it funny that no matter how long it has been since I've made a mistake, I often do still have to pay its price on a monthly, weekly, and even a daily basis.

Another cliché-ridden question hits me hard when I ask myself, if I go back in time, would I be making the same mistakes over and over again?

If only I could just pay my dues and move on.

If only I could get a fresh start.

If only. Those must be the two saddest words in the world.

Amen.

if only are the two most used words. we all have regrets, i take them as a part of my life, a part of a road i must take and i move on.
if only we wouldn't say if only

loved the quote so much

You don't know me, and I don't know you...but I understand your post. It's one of my favorite quotes also...

In the end, we shouldn't have regrets, because if you do, you'll always be second guessing the consequences of every decision we make.

- b

True.

I don't usually have regrets.

At the time of posting, 'if only' struck back on to one regret that i held on to for a very long time.

I guess one can live life without any regrets, but there has to be something that always comes back to haunt you, even if you're unconscious at the time. :)

Post a Comment









Toilet Paper


The Mood

Recently Judged


Lenore & more